The thought of football seems so foreign right now when it’s 187 degrees outside.
But it’s coming.
I figured it was time to go ahead and start my weekly top ten list, if you’ve read my stuff for any length of time you know it has been a weekly tradition for 4-5 years, and this year will be no different!
I haven’t written about college football since it ended in January, I’m excited to get back into the swing of things!
So here goes…
Top 10 Football Thoughts on the 2018 Season…
10. I hate that Auburn has to play Georgia and Alabama on the road. But I still believe!
9. I am not a Jimbo Fisher fan, and it makes me smile a bit that he has to face Clemson and Alabama in his first month on the job. Plus playing my Hogs in Jerryworld. We shall see what becomes of the Aggies this season.
8. I’m mad that Arkansas is playing Ole Miss in Little Rock. I hate that the Hogs ever play in Little Rock, sorry to my friends in Central Arkansas. But the boys go to school in Fayetteville, they should play in Fayetteville. And we’ve not beaten the Rebels in Little Rock since 1988.
7. Ed Orgeron could be in trouble in Baton Rouge. A neutral site game against Miami, and a trip to the plains to play Auburn in the first month.
6. Clemson’s defense will be the story of college football this season. My money is on the Tigers to break the single game sack record of 15 that dates back to the TCU/Nevada game in 2000.
5. Tua Tagovailoa will be in New York City at the Heisman ceremony. All he has to do is win. And it’s Alabama. Let’s be honest, he’ll be in NYC. And yes I had to look 4 times to make sure I was spelling his last name correctly.
4. Who knows if it will be in the final game again, or a playoff game, but Clemson and Alabama will meet again this season.
3. Quarterbacks to watch besides Tua this year, Kyler Murray of Oklahoma and Dwayne Haskins of THE Ohio State. I also like Jarrett Stidham at Auburn. He seemed unsettled last season, I think that changes this year. Gus is a miracle worker with quarterbacks.
2. Running backs to watch are Wisconsin’s Jonathan Taylor, Georgia’s D’Andre Swift, Ohio State’s J.K. Dobbins and Clemson’s Travis Etienne. All sophomores and all sensational. I give the edge to Taylor. I think Wisconsin has another shot at the playoffs this year.
1- God bless my Razorbacks. I love the hype around the recruits, and in 2-3 years, they really could be something. But there’s a good chance we don’t play .500 ball this season.
Regardless of how the season turns out, I’m excited.
And with that #WPS #WDE #CLEMSO-N